In one hour I will start my journey back to Chile. This time I will be evaluating the fruit that I helped pollinate last time. My boss is going to be there too, so I definitely regard this time as more of a training time. I doubt if we will have time to go to the beach, but hopefully we will be able to visit the mountains.
Last time I was in Chile I became friends with a co-worker named Danilo. He and his wife enjoy exploring the mountains on their dirt bikes. The pictures he showed me were very cool. When we said goodbye, he insisted that I ride with him when I returned. Well, I had never ridden a dirt bike before, so I contacted people at the Lodi Motorcycle Club for lessons. Yesterday I met with Ralph and he showed me the basics. I learned how to shift, brake and drive up hills. You can view the track on their website. So I'm ready for Danilo and the Chilean mountains.
Before I arrived at the airport, I had breakfast with my roomate Mike and my new friend Robin. She and I met three weeks ago from an internet dating website. She is very cute, friendly and a bundle of energy. I have a lot of fun with her and I anticipate a DTR talk sometime in the near future!
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool! You are always so resourceful with this stuff. I never would have thought to bother to learn how to ride a dirt bike pre-trip... But then again, that is why you are doing things that have to do with your degree and I am here teaching preschool... Anyway, I hope you are very careful!
Post a Comment