Friday, October 06, 2006

Rancho San Miguel

Today I was shopping in the local Mexican supermarket, Rancho San Miguel. Limes are sold for 10 cents each and a 3.5 lb bag of tortilla chips cost 3 dollars. Meanwhile, I was talking to my Dad who was harvesting soybeans with the combine. As I was reflecting on being in Ohio and riding with Dad amidst the amber waves of grain, Jesus walked by in a mechanic's shirt. I smiled; glad to be in California.

3 comments:

Jeremy Schneider said...

hey that's a really cool post. in fact i cross-posted it on mine...

hope life is treating you well in California! sounds like it is! :) i still do want to come out and visit sometime! once i get my job situation figured out...

AkuTyger said...

Update please Mark! I worry you died or something!

Anonymous said...

What brought you to Lodi of all places? I'm a long-time Lodian born in the Midwest myself.